Monday, September 7, 2009

Revamped Eldar List

Lol just enabled adsense (why not make a few extra bucks to support the hobby of course....) and they decided my site was mostly related to..... solar power?

Anyway.... 
I was really bored today and not quite motivated enough to paint, so I decided to revamp my saim hann eldar 2000 point list for the competition in the store, as I have to be at the top for my pride's sake. 

Anyway, my new list is as follows:

HQ: Farseer with Fortune Mind War Spirit Stones and Runes of Warding on an Eldar Jetbike 

(HQ) Warlocks of 8 on Eldar Jetbikes with 6 destructors 1 embolden and 1 enhance

HQ: Farseer with Fortune Guide Spirit Stones on an Eldar Jetbike 165 total

T: 6 Eldar Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons

T: 6 Eldar Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons  

T: 6 Eldar Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons

FA: 4 Shining Spears with Exarch with Withdraw

FA: 3 Vypers with Starcannons 210 total

FA: 3 Vypers with Starcannons 210 total

HS: Fire Prism with Holofields 150 total

This comes out to like 1990 or so, which is fine for me, as I tend to play it in 2500 point games as I feel like it is more fluffy for the eldar and then when I play equal points against some of the power gamer/tourney guys, I can whip them (my terrible luck willing).

But anyway this list works with 1 farseer and the council either playing a distraction role in objective games or they will lure people's uber unit to my board edge, pop its transport and let it assault them or just assault the uber unit, then hold it for the shining spears to come on from reserves and kill it. The shining spears usually either have the 2nd farseer with them just to fortune them or if they are playing the role above the second farseer joins a regular squad and this group shields and guides the vypers. Vypers eliminate things like termies and marines that are caught in the open (mostly as a herding unit to keep things in cover and not moving) and the fire prism is also a fear tactic unit to keep things fearful. 

To be honest, this list rarely kills anything, as I am usually so outnumbered it does not matter how much I kill. I tend to actually kill the most with my standard jetbike squads who pop transports very commonly. Obviously in kp games I kill more with longer range things and conserve my forces but in objective missions, usually I devote my council and spear combo to killing the enemy's uber unit, while everything else herds the enemy units so that I can contest with the prism, jetbikes etc last turn. I mean sure, if termies deepstrike and dont move, I will drop a s 9 ap 2 template on them from the prism but most of the time people shoot all their anti tank at that all game and stun it so usually it doesnt do anything but absorb bullets. Meanwhile my vypers have a 4+ cover save so most people actually tend to ignore them because they think they have a better chance of killing the fire prism I put in the open, and I tend to manipulate the 2 squads of vypers so the fortuned squad is closer to the opponent and thus a much more prominent target.

Anyway just thought I would share my list and how I run it, as always c and c is appreciated and encouraged! Also, if any of you run similar lists differently or different lists similarly or just want to discuss your own list in the comments section feel free to post your own list and I will definitely give you some c and c of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment